Spring has arrived here in Australia, and with it comes warmer weather, fresh flowers, and spring cleaning. It’s time to change out your wardrobe, de-clutter your cupboards, and freshen up your house.
With all this spring cleaning going on, it’s also a good time to schedule a dental checkup for the whole family at Docklands Dental Studio to get your teeth cleaned. Having a clean house AND a clean mouth will help you feel refreshed and ready for an exciting spring and summer.
To learn more about dental checkups and cleanings and how they can benefit you, contact our Docklands dental office today at (03) 9021-9487.
Ten Reasons Why a Dental Checkup is Good For You
- It prevents cavities: Did you know that plaque is the leading cause of tooth decay? When left untreated, it causes enamel erosion on the outside and inside of your tooth that will eventually lead to cavities. During your cleaning, your dentist will remove plaque to prevent and treat any existing cavities.
- It minimizes tooth loss: Periodontal disease is one of the leading causes of tooth loss in adults, which is why it’s so important to protect your teeth as best you can. Simply schedule regular checkups, brush twice a day, and floss daily to prevent tooth decay from developing.
- It reveals a brighter and whiter smile: Drinking dark-colored beverages, such as coffee, tea, and red wine has a tendency to stain your teeth. During your dental cleaning, the dentist can remove plaque and minor stains to reveal a whiter and brighter smile. For more moderate to severe staining, we offer Zoom! teeth whitening.
- It saves you money: By seeing the dentist regularly and practicing good oral hygiene, you will significantly minimize your risk for dental damage and costly repairs later on in life.
- It boosts your confidence: When your teeth are healthy, it makes you want to smile more. Did you know that smiling boosts your confidence?
- It improves your overall physical health: When your mouth is healthy, your body is healthy, too. Tooth decay and periodontal disease have been linked to diabetes and heart disease. Seeing the dentist every six months not only keeps your mouth healthy, but reduces your risk for other severe health problems.
- It keeps your breath fresh: If you suffer from persistent halitosis, having your teeth cleaned every six months will help keep your breath fresh longer.
- It detects the early stages of oral cancer: With our state-of-the-art technology and x-rays, we can detect the early signs of oral cancer. If caught early, you have a much greater chance of survival.
- It prevents periodontal disease: When plaque goes untreated, it will continue to grow, leading to infection in your teeth, gums, and eventually your jawbone. It not only causes tooth loss, but has also been known to linked to more severe health issues, such as heart attacks and strokes.
- It gives you the opportunity to treat dental damage early: Seeing your dentist frequently allows them to catch the early signs of cavities, damaged fillings, severe tooth decay, and provide you with a customized treatment plan. When dental damage is caught early, your treatment plan will be less extensive and more cost-effective.
Schedule Your Checkup
To schedule your spring cleaning and checkup for you and your family, contact our Docklands dental office today at (03) 9021-9487.