Do you love your smile? Do you share it with confidence, or do imperfect, stained, or missing teeth keep you from smiling in public? Cosmetic dentistry improves and restores all aspects of a smile, delivering a confident smile that looks sensational. Whether you’re embarrassed about crooked teeth or dark stains on tooth enamel, the cosmetic dentists at Docklands Dental Studio are prepared to help you achieve a smile that will make you proud.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Though it is not a recognized specialty, like oral surgery and endodontics, in order to be administered correctly and soundly, cosmetic dentistry requires training and experience. Our dentists understand the importance of establishing a foundation of good oral health, before administering cosmetic procedures. We focus on the basics that make dental work sound: good occlusion, healthy gum and bone tissue, strong restorations. With this, we also prioritize aesthetics. All dentistry can look natural, with today’s durable, modern materials for restorations and prosthetics.
Common cosmetic procedures include:
- Teeth whitening to brighten stained enamel and restore a smile’s white, youthful appearance.
- Invisalign to correct dental alignment to straighten teeth and close gaps between teeth.
- Bonding to correct chips, gaps, and slight imperfections on teeth.
- Natural-looking dental materials, including porcelain, PFM, and zirconia for fillings, inlays, onlays, and crowns.
- Porcelain veneers for the ultimate in natural-looking restoration of front teeth. Veneers correct color, shape, size, texture, and even alignment.
- Natural-looking replacement teeth, including bridges, partials, and dentures, as well as single- and mutli-tooth dental implants.
- Gum reduction to uncover more enamel when the gums have grown too far down front teeth.
- Replacing dark metal restorations with tooth-colored materials.
The Smile Makeover Consultation
Patients interested in cosmetic dental enhancements should schedule a smile makeover consultation. At this appointment, the dentist will take time to evaluate your oral health and x-rays, then discuss your vision for the ideal smile. We will want to learn about the attributes you find most appealing, and what you appreciate and dislike about your current smile’s appearance.
The dentist will explain various options for addressing your concerns, answering all of your questions along the way. Remember, though, we will always focus first on ensuring a solid foundation of good oral health. Your new smile must be created on a healthy base if it is going to endure for years to come.
Schedule Your Consultation Now
Whether you need simple teeth whitening or a completely new look, if you’d like to improve the appearance of your smile, the first step is scheduling a consultation with one of our cosmetic dentists.